- New product and service demonstrations. Dow is launching multiple products at NPE2012. Nine leading global equipment manufacturers will feature these new resins and others on their machines in a series of hands-on demonstrations showing performance advantages of Dow’s new lines.
- Sponsorships and technical presentations. Dow is the exclusive corporate sponsor of the Society of Plastics Engineers’ (SPE) ANTEC 2012 technical conference, co-located with NPE2012, where Dow will present 14 technical papers on a broad range of industry topics. Dow also extends its corporate commitment to scientific advancement and research with its sponsorship of the NPE2012 Technical Education Program and Technology Central.
Several Dow products being showcased at NPE2012 include:
- Dow Performance Packaging: ELITE Advanced Technology (AT) Polyethylene Resins are a new family of ELITE resins offering enhanced sealing, processability and consistency, particularly enhancing resin function in high performance sealant film, high performance stretch wrap film and stretch hood film applications.
- Dow Performance Packaging: ENLIGHT Polyolefin Encapsulant Films can help extend the life of solar panels and, with faster processing speeds, offer panel producers an opportunity to reduce overall costs. Efforts like these not only enhance panel life, but also help the industry reach grid parity with traditional power sources.
- Dow Hygiene & Medical: RHOPLEX ECONEXT Ultra-low Formaldehyde Binders help companies make end-use nonwoven products with virtually undetectable levels of formaldehyde that meet new federal OSHA PEL standards.
- Dow Elastomers: ENGAGE XLT Polyolefin Elastomer for TPO’s used for automotive interior and exterior components. ENGAGE XLT is the next generation differentiated modifier that helps improve impact efficiency; it also offers higher TPO stiffness and has shown to help reduce the total weight of a part up to as much as 10 percent.
- Dow Electrical &
DOW ECOLIBRIUM Bio-based Plasticizers, produced from virtually 100 percent
renewable resources, can be used in flexible vinyl compounds that may help
cable makers and durable goods original equipment manufacturers reduce
their carbon footprint (based on LCA testing) and can potentially
contribute toward LEED credits subject to verification by the US Green
The Dow Chemical Company
(989) 636-6681; www.dow.com