Detecting Smaller Defects at Higher Web Speeds
Gerry Stanford represents PC Industries for technical sales, and took time out to answer FP’s questions on inspection and detection.
|Not all defect detection systems are created equal; varying types of films require varying types of system set ups.|
- Defect roll mapping: The ability to record the location of each of the defects on a roll and access later for editing and defect removal.
- Electronic file comparison (PDF Check): Customers can verify their master image against a customer approved PDF.
- Bar code verification: Allows the verification and grading of bar codes during inspection.
- Remote Support: Customers have been increasingly concerned about the quality of support that inspection providers offer. We offer 24/7 remote support and training to all our customers, and have received a great deal of positive feedback.
- Pre-registration: The pre-registration module analyzes small features in print, such as micro-dots, and provides the press with coordinate information to correct plate registration errors. We are currently working with a wide-web flexible packaging printer to implement this feature on all their presses.