Toyo Ink Co. Ltd. and Toyo-Morton, Ltd. jointly launch a new series of gravure inks and laminating adhesives for the food packaging market.
In recent years, ensuring food safety and hygiene has become a priority topic as the food-package printing industry becomes increasingly aware of environmental health and food safety issues, shifting away from conventional toluene-based gravure inks to toluene-free products.
Responding to customers’ appeal for improvements in the usability of environmentally conscious products, the Toyo Ink Group newly developed the LioAlpha line of toluene-free and MEK-free lamination inks, solvent-free laminating adhesives and dry laminating adhesives that expand application capacity.
Through a combination of these new products, package converters can now achieve greater production efficiency and work productivity resulting from reduced materials loss, downtime and environmental burden. Consumers also benefit from the availability of highly safe and sanitary packaged goods.
As of May 20, 2013, the following new product series are sold in the Japan market. The Toyo Ink Group plans to expand distribution of these products in countries throughout Asia and other regions of the world.
1. LioAlpha Series of Multi-Purpose High-Functional Lamination Gravure Inks
- Superior printability due to substantial improvements in fogging, cell plugging and other issues.
- Excellent halftone reproducibility, trapping, leveling and other printing effects.
- The LIOALPHA SW series is compatible with European regulations (Swiss Ordinance).
2. TomoFlex TM-570 Ester-Type Multi-Purpose Laminating Adhesive:
- Features: Proper use of three varieties of cross linking agents (aliphatic, FDA aliphatic and aromatic) facilitates expansion of various applications.
- Applications: Snack, refill pack, semi-retort and high-retort
3. TomoFlex TM-340 Ether-Type Laminating Adhesive
- Features: Rapid curing, high bonding strength, integratable with functional barrier films.
- Applications: Snack to boil
4. Ecoad EA-N373 Non-Solvent Laminating Adhesive
- Features: Does not require pre-heating. Low roll temperatures also greatly enhance work efficiency and work environment.
5. TomoFlex EL-541 Urethane-Type AC Agent
- Features: Increased productivity due to rapid curing, improved production stability.
Toyo Ink Co. Ltd.
+81 3 3272 0891
+813 3272 0717