Coating & Laminating Roundtable
Industry experts discuss the impact coating and laminating has on the flexible packaging industry.
|Triplex Combi Horizontal is a high-end coater laminator for flexible packaging applications, which allows for three layers lamination or two layers lamination, and one coating application in a single pass, using a variety of coating technologies as allowed by the Nordmeccanica signature interchangeable coating head design.|
- Full coverage coating for print protection
- Full coverage coating to increase the barrier effect
- Full coverage heat seal to get sealing capacity on plastic material
- Cold seal coating in register on pre-printed material, to get sealing capacity in specific areas of the substrate
- The above coating types can be performed with both rotogravure and semi-flexo systems.
- On our machines, laminating on film is realized by coating adhesives on film with subsequent lamination to another substrate. Adhesives used can be solvent-based, water-based or solventless. The coating systems are for:
- Solvent-based: rotogravure and flexo systems
- Water-based: rotogravure system
- Solventless: 5-rollers system