The Foodservice Packaging Institute Inc. (FPI) and QSR magazine announces the kick-off of the 2013 Foodservice Packaging Awards competition to honor industry innovation. This year’s contest will mark the seventh time the trade association and trade publication have collaborated on these awards.
“We are excited to recognize companies that are going the extra mile to really deliver innovative foodservice packaging products for their customers and for our industry," says Lynn M. Dyer, president of FPI. “We are looking forward to seeing a variety of new products that are helping to shape the future of the industry.”
Awards will be given in the following five categories:
- Innovation in Brand Delivery: For innovation in the use of graphics or graphic design elements to create packaging appeal.
- Innovation in Convenience: For innovative features that make packaging easier to use and/or more convenient for the consumer and/or foodservice workers.
- Innovation in Performance: For design innovation that improves product performance.
- Innovation in Sustainability: For sustainable innovation in packaging through environmental, economic and/or social impact.
- The “Wow” Factor: For innovative packaging that best personifies the "Wow" effect when consumers or foodservice operators use or see this packaging.
In addition, the top winners from each of the categories will be eligible to win the coveted “2013 Foodservice Package of the Year” award.
A panel of experts will be assembled to judge the entries, and winners will be announced during FPI’s Fall Meeting, October 9-10, in Memphis, Tenn. Winners will also be featured in the November 2013 edition of QSR.
Foodservice packaging manufacturers, their suppliers, foodservice operators, distributors, public relations firms and others are encouraged to enter the free competition by nominating themselves or others. For more details, and to submit entries online, please go to http://www.qsrmagazine.com/packaging-awards. Deadline for entries is Friday, August 16, 2013.
Foodservice Packaging Institute (FPI)