Flexible packaging converter and printer cei (Coating Excellence International) explains to the industry their printing capabilities, offers their company strategy, and explains why their vision means continued success for the company.
cei by the Numbers
Annual sales: $250 million
Size of company: Nearly 1 million square feet of manufacturing space
Number of employees: 500 full-time employees
Number of plants, and locations: 3 strategically located plants in Wrightstown, Appleton & Hebron. We also have a direct selling team in several key geographic regions across the country.
cei’s flexible packaging solutions include converted roll-stock, stand-up, box bottom, two and three side seal, side gusseted, quad-seal pouches and shaped pouches. Many pouch features including press-to-close, slide, and hook & loop zippers, handles, vent punches, spouts, fitments, perforation, venting valves, laser scoring tear notch, reseal labels.
Throughout its 15 year history, cei has been renowned for its promise of excellent manufacturing and quality products by receiving numerous awards and recognition.
- 100 percent aqueous-based chemical and developing solutions are used in printing plate operations. Chemical and plate components are controlled through quality auditing and production reporting systems that reduce manufacturing error and premature plate failures. Used chemicals are sent back to the supplier for rejuvenating.
- On-site plate manufacturing conserves press, plate, ink and chemical wastes by producing higher quality printing plates and replacing plates before print quality diminishes
- No process waste water goes into the city waste water system
- Our environmental methodology embraces a top down approach. cei’s sustainability successes are enhanced with the implementation of the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership’s (SGP) program. cei is also members in the FPA, Sustainable Packaging Coalition, FTA, Wisconsin DNR’s Green Master program and the How2Recyle labeling program. Our corporate vision is dedicated to leading sustainability efforts within the industry as well as helping customers meet sustainability mandates via:
- Supplier and customer recycling assistance
- Production using renewable energy
- Continual monitoring of the sustainability trends, government requirements and customer needs