The Flexible Packaging Association’s 2013 Fall Executive Conference will be held on Thursday, September 26, 2013 at The Peninsula hotel in Chicago, Illinois. Conference registration is now available on the FPA Web site, www.flexpack.org, and hotel reservations can be made by contacting The Peninsula at (312) 337-2888 or (866) 288-8889.
The 2013 FPA Fall Executive Conference will focus on flexible packaging industry topics, issues, opportunities and challenges. The single-day event will provide industry executives and senior leadership with insight into advances in flexible packaging manufacturing processes, flexible packaging end-of-life and resource recovery, the state of the polyolefins market, global consolidation, and the Affordable Care Act. The Conference agenda also features economic analyst Zachary Karabell and legendary NFL coach Mike Ditka.
Special thanks is given to FPA members Bobst North America Incorporated, Charter NEX Films, The Dow Chemical Company, DuPont Company, EFI, Energy Sciences, Incorporated, Menges Roller Company, Incorporated, Nordmeccanica, NA and Sun Chemical Corporation for their generous sponsorship of the 2013 FEC Networking Events.
Following are highlights of the Conference speakers and their presentations:
- Packaging & Technology Integrated Solutions, who FPA commissioned to conduct a study on the advances in manufacturing processes that facilitate the use of flexible packaging, will discuss the results of that research and how these advancements can assist brand owners in their transition to flexible packaging.
- Peter Hunderup, a FPA consultant, will discuss flexible packaging resource recovery and FPA’s efforts to facilitate resource recovery from flexible packaging, and additional end-of-life options.
- Nick Vafiadis of IHS Chemical will provide an update on the polyolefins market and discuss issues driving the cost and availability of polyolefin resins.
- Charles Clapton, Esq. of Hogan Lovells will discuss the Affordable Care Act, and provide an overview of the Act’s requirements and guidance for important transition rules for businesses.
- Thomas Blaige of Blaige & Company will discuss the impact of global consolidation on the flexible packaging industry and provide strategies for competing in an increasingly competitive market place.
- Zachary Karbell, an economic analyst, will discuss “Brave New World: How We Are in an Age of Prosperity, Even Though It Doesn’t Feel Like It.” During his address, Zachary will explain how wealth creation around the world has impacted and benefitted the U.S. in ways both challenging and energizing. Zachary brings a unique perspective to the discussion of globalization, the domestic and world economy, the greening of business and the shape of things to come.
- Conference attendees will also hear from former NFL coach Mike Ditka. Mike will address FPA members and guests during the FEC Networking Luncheon and discuss “ACE: Attitude, Character and Enthusiasm.” He will share the lessons he learned through his life of commitment and attention to the fundamentals—resulting in victory. Mike coached the Chicago Bears for 17 seasons and guided the team to six NFC Central Divisional titles, three NFC title games, and a Super Bowl victory. He is currently a commentator and analyst for ESPN Sports.
For more information on registration, hotel reservations, and the agenda for the 2013 FPA Fall Executive Conference, contact the association at (410) 694-0800 or visit www.flexpack.org.