The CMD Global Drawtape Bagmaking System will be demonstrated in Stand 3 G05 at Messe Dusseldorf, October 16-23. The new science offered by CMD provides converters with revolutionary process management tools designed to enhance productivity and profitability. Visitors to stand 3 G05 can inspect bags-on-a-roll samples and discuss the system with technical experts and international agents.
Worldwide demand is on the rise for consumer-friendly drawtape-style trash bags, and CMD will exhibit proven technology on the patented Model 1270GDS Global Drawtape Bagmaking system at K2013. The converting process is enhanced by:
- Production speeds up to 600 feet per minute (183 meters per minute).
- The compact footprint saves floor space and is simple to thread up and operate. The entire system fits in a conventional ocean-freight container for economical shipping.
- Consistent, high product quality is assured with retainable menu settings.
- Optional print-to-seal registration for the high-speed production of printed bags
- A large, color touch screen and centralized line control simplify operation. An Ethernet-based system allows for remote troubleshooting and programming.
- Easy-access hinged guards with windows and interlocked switches make the CMD® Global Drawtape System easy and safe to operate. The flexible, modular design and sturdy tubular frame make it both durable and easy to move.
- Optional CMD single seal technology precisely places the bag-separation perforation in the center of a single seal to eliminate cut-off seals and give converters a predictable and narrow “skirt” area between bags.
The Global Drawtape System can be configured with the Model 0330HSW Global High Speed Winder. The system will produce drawstring style bags on “overlapped” rolls with popular, one-at-a-time dispensing, banded for retail merchandising. Booth visitors can examine bags-on-a-roll samples and explore these and other benefits the Global High Speed Winder offers:
- Wound bags may be connected to each other by perforations, or each bag separated and overlapped onto the previous bag.
- NEW, high-cycle rate capability for small count rolls at high line speeds.
- New package and product portioning for additional distribution opportunities - right-sized rolls for box, club or dollar stores.
- Optional roll banding/labeling and tail-gluing allows converters to eliminate outer packaging for a more sustainable product.
- Designed for easy integration with safe, labor-saving automation.
- Thoughtful operating and maintenance features include interior courtesy lighting and heavy-duty casters for easy machine positioning and maintenance access from 5 sides of the machine.
- Compact footprint for efficient floor-space utilization and economical shipping.