Sealed Air Announces Price Increases in North America
In response to the continued escalation of its key raw materials and other input costs, in particular polyethylene, nylon and benzene, Sealed Air Corp. is in the process of implementing North American price increases ranging from 3 to 8 percent within the company’s food care and product care divisions. The increases are as follows for 2014:
- 8 percent increase on food packaging trays effective Feb. 3.
- 5 percent increase on paper packaging systems effective Mar. 1
- 5 to 8 percent increase on other protective packaging products effective Mar. 1
- Three and a half percent increase on Food Care hygiene solutions effective Mar. 3
- Four-to-six percent on food care bags and rollstock effective Mar. 24