SPI, the Plastics Industry Trade Association and the American National Standards Institute has announced the publication of two recently revised American national standards and a new American national standard on plastics machinery safety.
- Requires documented risk assessments from both the manufacturer and user
- Added additional definitions harmonized and standardized within the SPI portfolio of standards
- Incorporates advances in safety-related controls, mechanisms and practices
- Provides extensive references in Annexes for recommended safety procedures and circuits
- Requires that existing machines meet safety requirements, methods and signage of the 2014 Standard