Accredo Packaging, Avery Dennison Cited for “Excellence in Sustainability”
One printer, one product, two journeys – each focusing on people, planet and profit – took all accolades in Flexographic Technical Association’s newly minted 2014 Sustainability Excellence Awards competition.
- Accredo Packaging, Sugar Land, TX / Sustainability Programs
- Avery Dennison, Mentor, OH / Innovations in Sustainability
- Accredo is in the process of obtaining certification as an SGP Printer with the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership
- The converter received a 2013 Green Power Leadership Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which recognizes the country’s leading green power purchasers for their commitment and contributions to helping advance the development of the nation’s voluntary green power market
- Accredo is a registered member of the EPA’s Green Power Partnership and the Organic Trade Association
Avery Dennison maintains that it is “delivering inspiring innovations designed to drive growth for converters. One such innovation is its ClearFlake Portfolio, built on its proprietary SR3010 adhesive, which debounds and cleanly separates the label during the recycling process. The label floats and the pure polyet hylene terephthalate (PET) sinks to deliver food grade quality PET flakes.