HP Unlocks Power of Digital Printing for Packaging Industry at Interpack 2014
New HP Indigo and Scitex solutions help converters and manufacturers transition to on-demand, versioned packaging
At Interpack 2014, HP announces the expansion of its graphics solutions portfolio, opening the door to the corrugated, flexible-packaging and folding-carton markets previously not addressed by digital printing technologies.
HP Scitex 15000 Automates Corrugated Application Production
- HP Scitex High Dynamic Range (HDR) Printing Technology, enabling a unique combination of high-quality output at industrial volumes.
- Easy setup and operation as well as speeds up to 600 m2/hour (6,456 ft2/hour), helping to maximize productivity.
- An integrated automatic media loader that handles up to four media stacks side by side, optimized for use with corrugated sheets without operator intervention.
- HP HDR240 Scitex Inks, which are GREENGUARD GOLDSM Certified and meet AgBB criteria,(4) making them ideal for indoor point-of-purchase displays, bulk bins and freestanding display units.
HP Indigo 20000 and 30000 Forge Packaging Market Transformation
- California-based Emerald Packaging has signed an agreement to install the first HP Indigo 20000 Digital Press for flexible packaging in North America, allowing the company to enter the snack food, candy, health care and cosmetics markets.
- Netherlands-based Flach Packaging, a producer of folding cartons, labels and disposables, will be an early customer for the HP Indigo 30000 Digital Press, expanding its ability to deliver high-quality folding cartons with a quick turnaround.