Pack Expo to Feature the Latest Processing and Packaging Technology for Baking and Snack Manufacturers
According to a recent IBISWorld report, revenue for snack food manufacturers in the United States has grown an estimated 3.4 percent annually over the last five years — with today’s revenue totaling $33.1 billion. To help baking and snack brands satisfy their growing market, Pack Expo International 2014 (Nov. 2–5 at the McCormick Place in Chicago), North America’s largest resource for processing and packaging technologies this year, will provide access to thousands of technologies.
- The Biscuit and Cracker Manufacturers’ Association (B&CMA) has endorsed The Baking-Snack Break lounge (Booth N-4565), a dedicated networking hub on the Grand Concourse in front of the North Hall. Attendees can stop here to meet with suppliers, network with peers and ask B&CMA experts for technical advice.
- The Processing Zone, in Upper Lakeside, will provide solutions for baking and snack manufacturers seeking a unified approach to their processing and packaging operations.
- The Brand Zone, located in the Upper North Hall, will feature innovative material, container and package design solutions to help baking and snack brands enhance shelf appeal and maintain product freshness.
- Over in the South Hall, The Food Safety Summit Resource Center, sponsored by the Food Safety Summit, will provide an open forum for baking and snack professionals to speak with subject matter experts (SMEs) about compliance with established and pending regulations stemming from the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- The Innovation Stage will present free, daily, on-floor education sessions on the Grand Concourse, also near the North Hall. (Presentation topics and times will be announced in the weeks leading up to the show.)