Avery Dennison to Showcase Packaging Innovations at Labelexpo Americas 2014
Avery Dennison Label and Packaging Materials says it will highlight numerous innovations that will expand business opportunities for converters at Labelexpo Americas 2014. The labeling industry’s premier trade show runs Sept. 9-11 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill.
- Tire Labeling Portfolio, which improves shelf appeal and tracking in challenging tire applications. The materials feature production-friendly gum patterns designed to eliminate oozing and increase conversion speed. The materials are already qualified at several large global end users, enabling converters to gain business quickly.
- CleanFlake Portfolio, an expansion in the range of Avery Dennison’s award-winner material designed to advance the recycling of PET containers -- which addresses supply imbalances of recycled PET (rPET) and improves cost. CleanFlake now includes roll-fed sleeve constructions that provide excellent clarity, on-bottle coverage and better yields of PET materials at recyclers.
- Using a pound of rPET instead of new PET uses 84 percent less energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 71 percent. By using CleanFlake, brand owners can promote recognition of their efforts to recover and recycle these materials.
- Select Solutions Collection, a comprehensive offering of 17 application-specific portfolios offering 300 possible Mix & Match constructions, all suited to meet the most unique labeling needs. This collection includes 427 products and counting, with lead times of 4 days or less and low minimum order quantities -- from 0.5 to 1.8 million square inches. In addition, Technical Solutions Leaders are available to help converters understand and solve their customers’ unique needs, from concept to commercialization, with the quick and easy Engineered Solutions process.
- ClearCut S7450 Adhesive, a premium adhesive for labels of wine and spirits and non-alcoholic beverages. S7450’s wet-out performance allows for effective bonding between the film and the bottle’s surface, even with a high degree of surface imperfections. Pairing S7450 with MDO film allows for enhanced conformability when labeling unique, curved bottle designs. ClearCut technology significantly reduces adhesive ooze and increases productivity.