2014 FPA Fall Executive Conference in Chicago, IL
The Flexible Packaging Association Fall Executive Conference will be held on Thursday, September 18 at The Peninsula Chicago. Conference registration is now available on the FPA website, www.flexpack.org Hotel reservations may be made by contacting The Peninsula at (312) 337-2888 or (866) 288-8889.
The one-day Fall Executive Conference presents a content-rich agenda focusing on industry topics, issues, opportunities and challenges. Agenda speakers and topics include:
- Danna Pfahl, Future 500, who will present Understanding NGOs and Environmental Stakeholder’s Positions on Packaging;
- FPA continuing research on How Flexible Packaging helps Reduce Food Waste, will be presented by Laurel McEwen;
- Ron Painter, CEO, of the National Association of Workforce Boards will discuss the Flexible Packaging industry and its workforce development,
- Regulatory Impact on the Flexible Packaging Industry, presented by Cindy Haven, from FPA member company, cei (Coating Excellence International); and
- Jeff Wooster, The Dow Chemical Company will provide an update on the FPA co-sponsored Energy Bag, Plastics to Energy Pilot Program.
- Nick Vafiadis will present the valuable Semi-Annual Polyolefins Report.
The conference agenda will also feature special guest speakers, energy and geopolitical strategist Peter Zeihan and the FPA luncheon speaker, Apollo 13 Commander Captain Jim Lovell.
Peter Zeihan, who will discuss Approaching the American Age, is a geopolitical strategist who has lived in the world of international affairs throughout his career. With a mix of insight and irreverence he will provide new insight into the future.
FEC luncheon speaker Captain Jim Lovell will describe the journey of "Apollo 13: A Successful Failure." Two hundred thousand miles from Earth, trapped in a tiny computerized spacecraft, Captain Jim Lovell and his Apollo 13 crew faced almost certain death when their oxygen system failed. Lovell takes his audiences to the moon and brings them into the tension-filled cockpit of the Apollo 13 mission. He will also give them an exciting look at the possibilities of the twenty-first century.