Every day, Americans generate over four pounds of waste per person. Despite the proliferation of recycling programs during the past three decades, more than half of all U.S. trash (135 million tons) still ends up in landfills.
- Nearly 8,000 purple Energy Bags collected
- Approximately 6,000 pounds of typically non-recycled items diverted from landfills
- 512 gallons of synthetic crude oil produced from the conversion
- 30 percent citizen participation
- 78 percent of citizens said they would be likely to participate if given another chance