Flexographic Technical Association, in partnership with IDEAlliance, has announced the launch of a new, interactive online course, “G7, Flexography and the Production Environment.”
Designed for both production and non-production personnel within the flexographic printing industry, the course delivers a comprehensive overview of G7 methodology and outlines its proper implementation to enhance any flexographic workflow.
The eight-module course explores the following topics:
- Overview of G7 and FIRST (Flexographic Image Reproduction Specifications & Tolerances)
- Calibration techniques to achieve repeatable results
- Optimization practices to identify the best possible combination of print variables
- Fingerprinting procedures to successfully match a contract proof
- Process control techniques to maintain stable press conditions, and reduce set-up time and waste
- Global standards that reference G7 or Near Neutral Calibration
- Procedures for matching standard proofs, versus custom datasets
- How G7 provides efficiencies for both brand owner and printer
- Next steps for G7 and FIRST certification
This self-paced course, narrated by Steve Smiley of SmileyColor & Associates, LLC and Joe Tuccitto of FTA, is $450 for FTA and IDEAlliance members and $900 for non-members. For complete details and to register visit www.flexography.org/g7.
Flexographic Technical Association