Nordmeccanica’s Long Island Grand Opening Event Scheduled for June 2
Technical conference with demonstrations on laminating and web handling to follow ribbon cutting ceremony.
Nordmeccanica has tabbed June 2 as the grand opening of its Long Island, NY facility, which will serve as the new North American home base for the company. At twice the size of its previous facility, the new location will allow for improved services to customers with an even larger inventory of spares and a larger number of service engineers and technologists.
The ribbon cutting ceremony will commence at 11 a.m. and be followed by a technical conference with live demonstrations of lamination and web handling that will involve conversion of the most challenging flexible substrates used in the industry. The event will also serve as an opportunity to present to American converters the new range of products, including a state-of-the-art line of vacuum metallizers for paper and films.
Lamination sessions during the event will include lamination of up to 3 layers of LDPE, PET, metallized webs (both PET-Alox and PET pattern coated). An absolute first in the industry, in cooperation with Hydro, will be the demonstration of solvent-less lamination of aluminum foil at 5 micron thickness (.0002”).
Here’s a closer look at the June 2 schedule:
- 11:00 a.m. - Grand Opening Ceremony: Welcome address of Antonio Cerciello, president, Nordmeccanica Group. Welcome address of Vincenzo Cerciello, president, Nordmeccanica NA Ltd.
- 12:00 p.m. - Luncheon: Buffet lunch on premises.
- 1:30 p.m. - Technical Sessions: Lamination of metallized structures and thin foil. Technical section includes a demonstration of solvent-less lamination involving multiple substrates: PET, Met Alox PET, pattern Met PET, 5 micron (.0002) foil (in cooperation with Hydro). The demonstrations will include featured technical presentations on process and substrates.
- 3:00 p.m. - Coffee break.
- 3:30 p.m. - Q&A and networking opportunity.
- 4:30 p.m. - Event conclusion.
Register by contacting Nordmeccanica NA.