Sun Chemical reinforced its commitment to customers in Latin America with the opening of six color centers.
Located in San Salvador, El Salvador; Mexico City, Mexico; Cali, Colombia; Lima, Peru; São Paulo, Brazil and Santiago, Chile, the color centers will build the foundation for customers in the region to implement a digitally color managed workflow.
In addition to managing customers’ regular color matchings, the color centers are designed to train customers about Sun Chemical’s color services in its SunColorBox tool kit, including a customer site audit, a color audit which digitally measures and captures a customer’s palette, followed by a full customized color management proposal to improve color quality and consistency as well as production efficiency at the customer’s premises.
Some of the tools in the SunColorBox program include:
- SunDigiProof, which provides on-site, on demand, color-accurate proofs,
- SunDigiGuide, a digital color standards book designed to help ensure accurate color communication between converters and their brand owner customers,
- SunMatch, an online global color matching platform which reduces startup time on press and increases the use of ink returns, enabling full digital color communication between Sun Chemical and the customer’s location(s),
- Instruments and Color Software, tools that are needed to support and enable the proposed workflow, and
- PantoneLIVE, a cloud-based solution that enables the universal Pantone color language to be accurately communicated across the entire packaging workflow – from design concept to retail store shelves.
“Many of our customers in Latin America are looking to implement a digitally color managed workflow to ensure brand color accuracy across multiple locations,” says Fernando Tavara, president of Sun Chemical Latin America. “Our new color centers and the SunColorBox team will be the real difference maker in helping our Latin American packaging customers to take color management to the next level.”