FPA Conference Probes Flexible Packaging Industry Issues
One key issue up for discussion at FPA’s Fall Executive Conference is: How can converters answer tougher questions about what’s in the packaging they produce? The supply chain is being asked more questions that stem from consumer scrutiny on safety and environmental issues. Tony Kingsbury, Founder and President, TKingsbury LLC, expands on how that may impact converters and suppliers in his presentation at the event.
He is just one of the speakers at conference set for October 13-14 in Chicago. There’s a night-before social event on Oct. 13. The program is on Oct 14. Oriented toward executives, sessions are:
- FPA Brand Value Study: How Flexible Packaging Adds Value to Brands. Jeff Altheide, Gibbs rbb.
- Private Equity’s Role in the Flexible Packaging Industry. Greg Elliott, Sterling Group.
- Big Data and the Internet of Things: Boon or Bust for Your Cyber Security Efforts? Theresa Payton Former White House CIO, Cybersecurity Authority, Expert on Identity Theft and the Internet of Things
- The Polyolefins Market Update. Nick Vafiadis, IHS Chemical.
- Breaking Cycles. Christopher Gardner, inspiration for the film, The Pursuit of Happyness
- Innovation and the Customer Experience. Doug Rauch, former President of Trader Joe’s
More information is on FPA’s web site, www.flexpack.org. There are special room rates at the InterContinental Chicago on Michigan Ave. Contact the hotel directly for room reservations and ask for FPA Executive Conference rate.