EPA, OSHA Issues Dominate Environment, Safety Summit
Details on environmental and safety issues with direct impact on the flexible packaging industry dominate the agenda of FPA’s Environmental Summit & Safety Conference. The event is Jan. 26-27, 2016. The draft agenda calls for sessions on these key topics:
- EPA Update. Where is the agency with climate, air standards and TSCA Reform?
- EPA’s Risk Management Plan. Current exclusions may no longer apply.
- OSHA Update. Potential emphasis on the forklift program and the agency’s push for compliance with fall-protection programs.
- Underground Storage Tanks. Preparing and complying with revised training requirements.
- ISO 14001. It was effective September 2015. How to be ready for an audit.
- Hazard Communications Standards. Supplier and converter experiences in implementing HAZCOM 2012.
- Impact of Changes to the Ozone Standard. Realities of the standard released in October.
The meeting is at the TradeWinds Resort, St. Petersburg Beach, FL. Because of the broad impact topics have on the flexible packaging industry, the meeting is open to both FPA members and non-members. FPA’s Environmental and Workplace Safety Committees are finalizing the agenda.
Expect senior officials from both EPA and OSHA to be at the meeting along with flexible packaging industry professionals with hands-on insights in dealing with these issues. In addition to the insights from the presentations, networking with regulators and peers is a significant benefit of the Summit.
To Learn More
Go to www.flexpack.org and click on “Register for the 2016 E&S Summit”