PACK EXPO International Returns to Chicago’s McCormick Place in November
Over 2,000 exhibitors. Education opportunities. Full-scale machinery demonstrations.
It must be time once again for the biennial PACK EXPO International, North America’s largest packaging and processing trade show, which takes place November 6-9 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois.
Attendance at the last PACK EXPO International in 2014 was up 6.5 percent from the 2012 event, a trend that organizers are once again hoping to capitalize on with more on-floor education and other new offerings to help industry professionals grow their businesses. As of press time, nearly 60 presentations had already been scheduled for the Innovation Stage. These presentations are 30 minute quick-hit sessions that are free to attend.
“We know that our attendees have a lot to accomplish while at PACK EXPO and Pharma EXPO,” says Charles D. Yuska, president and CEO of PMMI, the association who manages the show. “The PACK EXPO and Pharma EXPO Innovation Stages give attendees access to an unparalleled range of processing and packaging education and innovations, conveniently located in close proximity to the exhibits.”
Here’s a look at some of the Innovative Stage presentations that converters and printers of flexible packaging are likely to be interested in:
- Can Single Serve Packs Offer Sustainability? Nov. 7; 10 a.m.
- Locking in on Color Targets: Nov. 7; 1 p.m.
- Selecting the Right Printing Technology for Flexible Packaging – The Answer May Not Be What You Think: Nov. 7; 2 p.m.
- Pouch Packaging Made Recycle Ready: Nov. 7; 3 p.m.
- Integrating Digital Print Technology into Your Conventional Print Environment: Nov. 8; 11 a.m.
- Insights on Global Packaging Trends: Nov. 8; 2 p.m.
- Breakthrough Oriented Polyolefin Sealant Film Technology: Nov. 8; 3 p.m.
- Smart Packaging – What’s the Reality? Nov. 9; 12 p.m.
Another show highlight is the Showcase of Packaging Innovations, which will feature award-winning and innovative packaging entries from members of 15 various organizations, such as the Flexible Packaging Association, the Institute of Packaging Professionals and the In-Mold Decorating Association, among others.
“Packaging has evolved over the years into vessels that not only protect the products inside, but enhance them,” Yuska says of The Dow Chemical Company-sponsored showcase. “The Showcase of Packaging Innovations at PACK EXPO International spotlights the innovations and inspires future breakthroughs in design and technology.”
PACK EXPO International kicks off Sunday, November 6 at 9 a.m.
PACK EXPO INTERNATIONAL
When: November 6-9
Hours: Nov. 6-8; 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. | Nov. 9; 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Where: McCormick Place (Chicago, Illinois)
More info: www.packexpointernational.com