Uflex Limited has engineered a speciality polyester film, F-UVC, that is suitable for direct UV offset printing without requiring any primer/treatment. The film is available in both bare transparent and metallized variants, where the non-metallized side is used for UV offset printing and UV curing. The film is available in optical density ranging from 1.4 to 2.2, a wide range that allows the customer to use the product for a diverse range of applications. The metal bond between the metal and the film is 130-180 gms/25mm.
There are several benefits of direct UV offset printable PET film, including:
- It is suitable for direct surface printing without primer/corona treatment.
- The lead time is minimum on the converting end.
- It yields excellent print results, high gloss and clarity with high-quality resolution for pictures and half tone jobs with good scuff-resistance.
- It is suitable for high-speed machines and is versatile, tear-proof and crack-resistant.
- It offers excellent smoothness, flatness and ink adhesion.
Until now, the daunting challenge with UV offset printing was the availability of the right kind of substrate where direct printing can be done without any primer/treatment.