The Institute of Packaging Professionals has announced the 2017 recipients of scholarships from its Packaging Education Scholarship Fund, which supports students headed for careers in the packaging field.
The IoPP Packaging Education Scholarship Fund promotes packaging education and packaging as a career choice. In addition to helping students pay for their educations, IoPP shares the talent identified through this program with its benefactor companies as a recruiting tool for their organizations.
“There are clearly a lot of talented students entering the packaging industry, and we want to do everything we can to support them in their careers,” said Jane Chase, IoPP Executive Director.
IoPP has awarded three academic scholarships, and the Contract Packaging Association has awarded one with IoPP's support. The 2017 recipients are:
$5,000 - PepsiCo R&D Scholarship
University of Wisconsin-Stout
$2,500 – IoPP Packaging Education Scholarship
Michigan State University
$2,500 – Contract Packaging Association Packaging Machinery Scholarship
This year’s judges for the Packaging Education Scholarship Fund include:
• Jane Chase, CPP, Fellow – Institute of Packaging Professionals, Executive Director
• Matt Culver, CPP – Target Corporation, Manager of Packaging Engineer
• Dennis Gros – Gros Executive Recruiters, President
• Susan Gruskin, CPP – PepsiCo, Brand Stewardship, Beverages Packaging R&D
• Tim Mlsna - Boston Scientific Corporation, Director of Packaging Engineering
• Rebecca Oesterle, CPP – Just Born Quality Confections, Packaging Development Manager
• Amy Schupbach, CPP – Adept Packaging, Packaging Engineer
The scholarships are funded by founding supporters, including the Contract Packaging Association, Bitner Associates, Inc., the IoPP Chemical Packaging Committee, as well as the Cascade, Central Ohio, Cincinnati, Chicago, Minnesota, Missouri-Gateway, and Tejas IoPP chapters, PepsiCo R&D and IoPP Benefactor companies.