Karlville will once again host a facility tour at its Miami Technology Center on June 13 prior to the 2018 Global Pouch Forum.
Karlville has hosted a facility tour for the past four years during Global Pouch Forum. This year’s tour format will be different from previous years, as it will be presented as a trade show/freestyle solution showcase. Karlville has partnered once again with HP, 3M and Dow, among other valuable supporters, as event sponsors, who will share their latest respective flexible packaging innovations with the tour attendees.
This year’s machine highlights include:
- ePac’s new Miami operation with a focus on quick turnaround, short-run digital flexible packaging. ePac will showcase an HP Indigo 20000 press, Karlville solventless laminator, Karlville slitter and Karlville standup pouch making machine.
- HP and Karlville will show their latest solutions for digital flexible packaging which includes Pack Ready Lamination (thermal lamination technology specific to HP Inks) and ebeam (packaging protection without lamination).
- Dow Chemicals will feature its RecycleReady Technology in HPP (High Pressure Processing) as well as its PacXpert solution.
- HDG, a German machine manufacturer of pouch filling solutions, will be showing its Rotary Turret system for pouch filling. The machine displayed can be integrated to pouch former or to pre-made pouch magazine.
- Widmann will be focusing its efforts in presenting its ultrasonic technology, specifically ultrasonic pouch making.
- 3M will present its Pouch Multipack Technology, an end-of-line solution for pouch multipacks.
- Green Plant Miami plant toll process food and beverages with high-pressure equipment from Hiperbaric. During the solutions showcase, it will demonstrate pouches being processed with HPP.
- Dow Day (Monday June 11): Karlville will hold open house with emphasis on PacXpert and RecycleReady technologies. Focus groups to introduce PacXpert solutions to the South Florida distribution market and brand owners, andhands-on experience where use of PacXpert will impact cost and sustainability goals.
- HP Day (Tuesday June 12): HP North and South American sales team training for flexible packaging. Training on solventless lamination, thermal lamination, ebeam OPV, slitting, spouting, pouching and filling as well as first hand steam and HPP processing of pouches. The entire vertical machine solution for digitally printed pouches in first hand experience center along with HP 20000.
The tour will not only provide great insight to new technologies, but will be a great networking environment for discussing business opportunities.