Esko will showcase all components of its integrated packaging design solution — Packaging Connected — at Labelexpo Americas.
Challenges label converters face center around producing high volumes of short run jobs with quicker deadlines and better quality. Visitors to Esko’s booth (5202) will learn how integrated and automated solutions, such as color specification, 3D pack shots and design reviews, can link brand owners, designers, premedia and the pressroom into a highly productive and efficient workflow.
Components of Esko’s Packaging Connected solution include:
- Job specification data: Esko WebCenter is the leading solution for job specification data flows from MIS/ERP systems to the press control station, automating press setup and inline quality inspection setup, driving faster setup time, less waste, and greater equipment uptime.
- Design: Esko Studio and Store Visualizer are solutions for designers, helping them to create realistic 3D mockups for presentation, proofing and quality control. The automated creation of virtual 3D nine-view pack shots added to a digital job asset library creates a consistent consumer experience across all media channels, online and physical packs.
- Color specification: X-Rite ColorCert Suite simplifies color communication across all internal and external stakeholders, from design to the AVT inline inspection system, removing errors and enabling faster setup time and longer equipment uptime. This is significant for label producers with many short run jobs.
- Digital job assets: Stored centrally in MediaBeacon, the leading marketing asset management solution, digital job assets are shared with all stakeholders, from the brand’s product and online marketing teams to the designers and prepress department. The new MediaBeacon connectors for Adobe Creative Suite applications simplify sharing of brand marketing assets. This guarantees consistency between online and physical brand assets, and assures a consistent brand experience for the consumer.
- Centrally stored and approved packaging content: With pre-approved marketing assets — such as ingredient copy, marketing slogans, logos and symbols — centrally stored in Esko WebCenter, creation of packaging variants can be a 100 process automated process, resulting in error reduction, faster time to market, and quicker response to changes.
“The label industry needs answers to ever tighter deadlines and shorter print runs,” says Esko President Udo Panenka. “At our recent EskoWorld users conference, we proudly demonstrated to more than 500 Esko users how Esko connected software and hardware solutions help the entire packaging ecosystem to collaborate more efficiently and solve their key challenges. Esko supports label printers to reduce time-to-market from currently 198 days to an aspiring 30 days, to produce better quality labels and to reduce errors. Not only do we connect the supply chain – we make it easier for brand owners to connect to their consumers with less expensive, more impactful packaging.”