Ashland will introduce a new, all-temperature emulsion acrylic pressure sensitive adhesive (PSA) that provides multiple benefits for packaging laminators and coaters at Labelexpo Americas 2018.
Flexcryl SP-48 emulsion adhesive is an improved all-temperature, coater-ready, water-based acrylic PSA for permanent paper and film applications that require aggressive adhesion, even at low temperatures.
Flexcryl SP-48 PSA provides multi-functional benefits in combination with improved adhesive-converting ability:
- Integrity at low temperature bonding
- High tack and rapid wet out on rough surfaces
- Significantly improved shear, converting capability and label stripping ability
- Excellent latex stability resulting in lower coagulum and grit
- APEO surfactant-free and FDA (21 CFR § 175.105) compliant
- Reduced tendency to exhibit edge ooze in converting and die cutting operations
Flexcryl SP-48 PSA is designed for use with permanent paper, thermal paper and clear film labels, as well as a variety of adhesive applications that require aggressive performance at low temperatures.
“Flexcryl SP-48 PSA combines class-leading all-temperature adhesion and tack performance with greatly improved web converting and label stripping capabilities,” says Lars Kilian, senior group leader, PSA product and applications development, Ashland.