FPA To Hold Executive Conference in Chicago
The Flexible Packaging Association (FPA) has an exciting session lineup planned for its Fall Executive Conference on Thursday, October 10, 2019, at the InterContinental Chicago in Chicago, Ill.
This one-day conference will focus on industry-specific topics including an update on state government affairs; an update on the polypropylene market; global trends in flexible packaging; managing incentives, and an overview of the University of Florida research on the feasibility of high temperature steam gasification of municipal solid waste.
- Bill Carroll, senior consultant, Euromonitor International will discuss global trends in flexible packaging.
- Andy Hackman, principal lobbyist, Serlin Haley, and FPA state lobbyist, will provide an update on state government affairs.
- Joel Morales, senior director, Polyolefins Americas, IHS Markit, will provide an update on the polypropylene market.
- Steve Rice, director of business consulting, EFI, will discuss managing incentives, which looks at the importance of incentives in setting direction and motivating behavior, and will review some best practices for setting incentives in sales, production, and other parts of the business.
- Dr. Bruce Welt, professor, University of Florida, will give an overview of the University of Florida’s one-year project researching the feasibility of high temperature steam gasification of municipal solid waste (MSW) and Florida farm biomass waste.
Two Guest Speakers
The conference agenda also features Ben Nemtin, a member of MTV’s Hit Show, The Buried Life, a New York Times bestselling author, and recently named one of the 2019 World’s Top 30 Organizational Culture Professionals by Global Gurus; and Josh Linkner, a world-renowned innovation expert, 5-time tech entrepreneur, and New York Times bestselling author.
- Ben Nemtin is on a mission to achieve the unthinkable. From playing basketball with President Obama to streaking a soccer field, from raising over $400,000 for charity to placing a record-breaking $250,000 bet on roulette — his bucket-list quest has inspired millions to strive for greatness. Ben weaves the compelling story of how The Buried Life started with 100 impossible dreams scribbled on a piece of paper and grew into a global movement of millions. He skillfully connects his story to the fabric of our daily lives. Ben’s message of radical possibility combined with his “5 Steps to Making the Impossible Possible” will leave you not only inspired but also equipped to tackle the seemingly insurmountable. Ben’s system of achieving any impossible goal demystifies daunting tasks and turns dreams into projects by creating a digestible pathway to success. FPA thanks Flint Group, Hosokawa Alpine American, and INX International Ink Co. for sponsoring Ben’s appearance at the conference.
- Josh Linkner is a five-time successful tech entrepreneur and investor in dozens of startups, Josh has seen thousands of companies loaded with creative buzz and big ideas. How is it that some harness their imagination to create game-changing drivers of growth and innovation while others miss the mark? The answer: the best companies have a systematic process to focus their team’s creativity into practical outputs – something Josh discovered by founding and building companies that collectively sold for over $200 million. As a professional jazz guitarist, Josh blends the improvisational qualities of a jazz ensemble with bleeding-edge business savvy to bring a completely fresh perspective on unleashing creativity in the organization. His inspiring presentation delivers practical tools that can be used immediately to increase creative output and deliver bottom-line results. FPA would like to thank Berry Global, PAC Worldwide Corporation, Sun Chemical Corporation, and TC Transcontinental Packaging for their generous sponsorship of Josh’s presentation.