1. Full-day live seminar, Introduction to Extrusion
- Atlanta, GA (near ATL Airport), Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Toronto, Ontario (near Pearson Airport), Thursday, October 17, 2019
2. The Virtual Seminar, on demand, right now, anywhere in the world (your place, your pace).
Cost to attend live seminar-- $US 595 for one, $US 295 each additional from same company.
Cost for Virtual -- same as one attendee ($US 595), for which you receive (and keep) my PowerPoint slide pack (180+ slides from the most recent live session), plus a guide to the slides as a Word file. You see it at times of your own choosing and at your own pace, and with others in your own company at no further cost. And you can call or email me with questions as if you were at a live session.
What's in it? I've been presenting a basic practical extrusion seminar since 1979, at first two days, more recently one day as that's what people want. The content includes
- My Ten (11) Key Principles of Extrusion,
- Plastics chemistry for non-chemists (understanding materials, which are the major cost),
- Review of hardware (sensors, motors, screws, auxiliaries),
- Limits to production rate, QC of raw materials, simplified rheology,
- Start-up/shutdown procedures, troubleshooting common extrusion problems.
- Live sessions are small groups, so we can discuss participants' problems.
3. This seminar is also available in-house, modified as needed, one or two days, $US 2500 first day, $US 1500 second, + travel time and expenses, no limit to attendees, can include troubleshooting and other consulting.
4. Extrusion 2019 is the conference run each year by Plastics Technology, this year in Chicago (Rosemont) on September 17-18-19. I will be speaking Thursday morning, Sept 19, on Inpush/Output Analysis -- what goes in must come out. The whole conference is well worth the time, with over 500 attendees expected and a mini-trade show with 75 exhibitors. For more information, go to https://www.extrusionconference.com/, and if you want to register, use the promo code GRIFFSP for a 25% discount on the attendance fees.
5. Long-Distance "On-Call" consulting service
For plastics companies anywhere in the world: unlimited email/telephone, $US 1500/quarter or $US 600/month, prepaid. Call, email or see www.griffex.com/consult.htm, for details.
6. The Manuals
The Plastics Extrusion Operating Manual – 80-page booklet, 40,000+ in the field.
For contents, see www.griffex.com/manu.htm.
For orders, please use the form on my website, or call or email me directly.
Cost is $US 125 for a box of 10, ship within US free, Spanish and French translations available.