Home » Store » Books » Food Packaging and Preservation, Volume 9 1st Edition
Food Packaging and Preservation, Volume 9 1st Edition
Basic and Applied Concepts of Edible Packaging for Foods Jorge A. Aguirre-Joya, Miguel A. De Leon-Zapata, Olga B. Alvarez-Perez, Cristian Torres-León, Diana E. Nieto-Oropeza, Janeth M. Ventura-Sobrevilla, Miguel A. Aguilar, Xochitl Ruelas-Chacón, Romeo Rojas, María Elena Ramos-Aguiñaga and Cristóbal N. Aguilar
2. New food packaging systems Rui M. S. Cruz, Vera Alves, Igor Khmelinskii and Margarida C. Vieira
3. Active food packaging from botanical, animal, bacterial and synthetic sources Leimann, Fernanda Vitória, Gonçalves, Odinei Hess, Sakanaka, Lyssa Setsuko; Azevedo, Alexandre Santa Bárbara; Lima, Mirela Vanin dos Santos; Barreiro, Filomena; Shirai, Marianne Ayumi
4. Powerful solution to mitigate the temperature variation effect: development of novel super-insulating materials Safoura Ahmadzadeh, Ali Nasirpour, Javad Keramat, Stephane Desobry
5. Report on edible films and coatings Joslin Menezes and Dr.K.A.Athmaselvi
6. Antioxidant polymers for food packaging Giuseppe Cirillo, Manuela Curcio, Tania Spataro, Nevio Picci, Donatella Restuccia, Francesca Iemma, Umile Gianfranco Spizzirri
7. Polysarccharide Nanobased Packaging Materials for Food Application Rungsinee Sothornvit and Aungkana Orsuwan
8. Bio-based nanocomposites for food packaging and their effect in food quality and safety Óscar L. Ramos, Ricardo N. Pereira, Miguel A. Cerqueira, Joana R. Martins, José A. Teixeira, F. Xavier Malcata and António A. Vicente
9. Biodegradable films: An alternative food packing M. Rocha, M. M. Souza and C. Prentice
10. Recent Trends in active, smart and intelligent packaging for food products Gargi Ghoshal
11. New materials for the aging of wines and beverages. Evaluation and comparison Ignacio Nevares and Maria del Alamo-Sanza
12. Natural antimicrobial agents for food biopreservation with future prospects Mohd Yusuf
13. Dairy whey protein-based edible films and coatings for food preservation Prospero Di Pierro, Loredana Mariniello, C. Valeria L. Giosafatto, Marilena Esposito, Mohammed Sabbah, and Raffaele Porta
14. Polymers for Modified Atmosphere Packaging Applications Behjat Tajeddin, Bahareh Ahmadi, Farahnaz Sohrab, Hossein Ahmadi Chenarbon
15. Using laccases for food preservation F. Debaste, S. Flahaut, M. Penninckx, G. Songulashvili
Food Packaging and Preservation,Volume 9 in theHandbook of Food Bioengineeringseries, explores recent approaches to preserving and prolonging safe use of food products while also maintaining the properties of fresh foods. This volume contains valuable information and novel ideas regarding recently investigated packaging techniques and their implications on food bioengineering. In addition, classical and modern packaging materials and the impact of materials science on the development of smart packaging approaches are discussed. This book is a one-stop-shop for anyone in the food industry seeking to understand how bioengineering can foster research and innovation.
Presents cutting technologies and approaches utilized in current and future food preservation for both food and beverages
Offers research methods for the creation of novel preservatives and packaging materials to improve the quality and lifespan of preserved foods
Features techniques to ensure the safe use of foods for longer periods of time
Provides solutions of antimicrobial films and coatings for food packaging applications to enhance food safety and quality
Get our new eMagazine delivered to your inbox every month.
Stay in the know on the latest flexible packaging industry trends.